Goshen Community Care & Hospice
Meet the Artist of the 2018 Pewter Ornament
Candace Breakell will be available for a meet and greet
Tuesday, October 2 at the Community room at the Town Hall from 630-830pm.
Refreshments, free door prize to one attendee and ornaments available for purchase!
Mental Health, Suicide and Substance Use in Older
October 4, 2018 from 5:30pm to 7:00pm
Camp Coch Beach Street, Goshen, Ct. 06756
A light supper will be provided during the program
To register please call- 860-491-4673
Admission is free !
Free Door Prize for one attendee!
Presenter, Christine Fox, LCSW graduated from UCONN School of Social Work with her Masters in Social Work in 2011.
She started her career at Charlotte Hungerford Hospital in 2009 spending the majority of her time working on the inpatient psychiatric unit. Christine started her role at Partial Hospital Program(PHP) in 2015. In August 2017, she became Behavioral Health Coordinator of Adult PHP where she continues to facilitate group therapy, supervises staff, and maintains the operational daily tasks of the program. She focused in substance use and group therapy while in graduate school and most recently trained in Dialectical Behaviors.
This year, 2018, marks the 31st year of the Goshen Community Care and Hospice organization.
Goshen Community Care & Hospice, Inc. never charges for its services and exists thanks to the generous hearts of our volunteers and the many donations from individuals, families, and groups in our community. We are totally dependent upon all of you in order to continue our work. If you would like to be included among our supporters, please contact our office at PO Box 202, 5 Old Middle Street, Goshen, CT. or call our coordinator at 860-491-HOPE(4673) You may also contact us by email at email@example.com. Contributions are tax deductible.
In additional to all our many supporters, we extend our gratitude to the “Connecticut Community Foundation” in Waterbury Connecticut and to the “Northwest Connecticut Community Foundation” in Torrington Connecticut who have provided many grants, educational programs and services for our work with our Seniors here in Goshen Connecticut. An overview of the recent grants can be found in the page headings of “Senior Social” and “Medical Loan Closet” on this website. Many Thanks!
To assist the residents of Goshen, without charge, by providing services in time of need so that all residents of Goshen may live in dignity, safety and comfort.
- Coordinates community care services for those in need.
- Provides assistance to those who return home from a hospital stay or outpatient treatment, who are housebound, or who find themselves in need.
- Provides transportation to medical appointments, personal shopping, companionship, respite care and other assistance to those in need and to their caregivers.
- Maintains medical supplies and equipment to lend to those in need.
- Sponsors educational programs concerning medical or health related issues, particularly those affecting seniors.
- Provides, in cooperation with local visiting nurse programs and trained volunteers, support, friendship, encouragement and assistance to those who are terminally ill and to their families.
- Assesses the need for hospice care either at home or in a hospice facility for the terminally ill and, upon request, assists the terminally ill in being placed in such facility.
- Provides bereavement support, programs and counseling.
- Provides, in cooperation with other agencies, social programs for seniors.
Goshen Community Care and Hospice Inc. is a volunteer organization assisting the residents of Goshen by providing services in time of need. The coordinator and a team of trained volunteers offer free services through five basic programs:
- HOME AGAIN: This offers short term assistance to those returning home from the hospital or nursing home.
- OUTREACH: This program offers ongoing contact with and friendship to Goshen seniors and others through visits and phone calls.
- HOSPICE: A local program of volunteers who provide ongoing support to Goshen individuals and to their families who are experiencing a change or loss associated with the end of life. We work with Medicare Hospice approved agencies in assisting people to be cared for with dignity and comfort.
- BEREAVEMENT SUPPORT PROGRAM: Grief counseling aims to help people cope with grief and mourning following the death of loved ones, or with major changes that trigger feelings of grief, directed towards a positive life adjustment. This is a journey we travel with the help of family, friends and others whom we meet along the way.
- TUESDAY SENIOR SOCIAL: Enjoy games and social time every Tuesday from 1 to 3 pm. Location: Church of Christ Congregational at the rotary in the Fellowship Room (back door under the church). The first Tuesday of each month, a lunch is also provided during the senior social with a short education program. All of these programs are tailored to your needs. Services covered include: transportation, light meal preparation, running menial errands, shopping and respite care.
We have a MEDICAL LOAN CLOSET – need a walker, a cane, a commode, a wheelchair, a shower chair, or any other assisting device?
We offer a twice a year BEREAVEMENT group series. (Next session begins in March thru April at St. Thomas Church in Goshen, CT( time to be announced in the near future)
We present a yearly educational program to the community on a timely health topic, such as Advance Directives.
The GCC&H organization is here to serve the residents of Goshen. If you or you know of any resident in need of our services, for whatever reason, please contact our coordinator Deborah DiPietro at 860-491-HOPE (4673) or firstname.lastname@example.org or any of the board members listed below. All requests are handled with the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
There is never a fee charged for any of our services. Therefore, we depend solely on the support and tax-deductible donations made by individuals, families, civic organizations and area businesses. Funds for our programs are received through the generous giving of those who know us and desire that our efforts continue and expand. Your tax deductible checks may be made payable to “The Goshen Community Care & Hospice” or “GCC&H” and mailed to:
The Goshen Community Care & Hospice, Inc.
PO Box 202
5 Old Middle Street
Goshen, CT 06756