Goshen Community Care and Hospice Inc. is a volunteer organization assisting the residents of Goshen by providing services in time of need. The Community’s Coordinator and team of trained volunteers offer free services through these basic programs:
- HOME AGAIN: This offers short term assistance to those returning home from the hospital or nursing home.
- OUTREACH: This program offers ongoing contact with and friendship to Goshen seniors and others through visits and phone calls.
- HOSPICE: A local program of volunteers who provide ongoing support to Goshen individuals and to their families who are experiencing a change or loss associated with the end of life. We work with Medicare Hospice approved agencies in assisting people to be cared for with dignity and comfort.
- BEREAVEMENT SUPPORT PROGRAM: Grief counseling aims to help people cope with grief and mourning following the death of loved ones, or with major changes that trigger feelings of grief, directed towards a positive life adjustment. This is a journey we travel with the help of family, friends and others whom we meet along the way.
- TUESDAY SENIOR SOCIAL: Enjoy games and social time every Tuesday from 1 to 3 pm. Location: Church of Christ Congregational at the rotary in the Parish Hall located in the building across the parking lot in back of the church. The second Tuesday of each month, a lunch is also provided during the senior social with a short educational program. Please call ahead for the lunch as we need to have a head count for the order. 860-491-4673(HOPE)
The Goshen Community Care & Hospice, Inc.
PO Box 202
5 Old Middle Street
Goshen, CT 06756